If you are looking for scholarships, you probably do not have a multimillion-dollar trust fund sitting around waiting for you. You are probably also looking for the best education you can get at the lowest price. Luckily, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has listed the colleges and universities with the lowest tuition rates in the country. If you are not sure where you want to attend college, check out some of these low-cost options:
- Haskell Indian Nations University – Located in Lawrence, KS, Haskell is dedicated to offering Associate’s and Bachelor’s degree programs to members of federally-recognized Alaskan native and American Indian nations. Tuition at Haskell is a mere $430 per semester.
- Dine College – This is another great tribal four-year college that offers an excellent educational value at a rate of only $805 per semester.
- Brazosport College – Located in Lake Jackson, TX, Brazosport College is a public college that offers both two- and four-year degrees at a rate of only $1692 per semester.
- West Virginia University at Parkersburg – With a low tuition rate of only $2076 per semester, this great little school offers a quality education with a small-campus community feel.
- Palm Beach State College – Located in Lake Worth, Florida, Palm Beach State College provides a number of degree options at a tuition rate of $2158 each semester.
- Santa Fe College – Santa Fe College is located in beautiful Gainesville, Florida, and allows students to earn a variety of degrees while enjoying a full college experience. All this can be yours for only $2167 each semester.
- Pensacola State College – Located in Pensacola, Florida, this is another great low-cost option from the Sunshine State. Earn your degree near the beach for only $2179 a semester.
- College of Central Florida – This college is in scenic Ocala, Florida, and offers a variety of undergraduate degrees at a low tuition rate of $2190 per semester.
- Midland College – For just $2220 a semester, you can earn your undergrad degree from this great college, located in Midland, TX.
- University of Hawaii Maui College – Want to combine business with pleasure? Get your degree from this great college. With a student-to-teacher ratio of 17:1 and some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, it is more than worth the $2238 a semester tuition rate.
While you are applying for scholarships, check out some of these great low-cost colleges and universities and watch your scholarship dollars go farther. While these colleges may not be for everyone, there is sure to be at least one that meets your needs at a mere fraction of what many other schools charge.