It’s that time of year again…time to make new resolutions and set new goals. It’s also time to fill out the dreaded FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, so you can get financial aid for college. If this is your first time, filling out the FAFSA may seem a bit intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. There are some great tools available online that can answer your questions about the form, estimate the aid you will receive, and make sure you don’t skip any important steps. Before you start your FAFSA, check out these excellent resources:
If you feel completely lost, or are just unsure of your knowledge, these podcasts can answer your questions and help you complete your FAFSA for the upcoming school year quickly and easily.
- FAFSAOnline – The official podcast of FAFSA, this audio guide gives you step-by-step instructions for completing the form, and is the audio equipment of the official FAFSA guide.
- What Is the FAFSA? – This quick intro by the College Money Man explains what the FAFSA is, what it is used for, and why it is important.
YouTube is more than just a place to watch kittens going wild. It is also a source of rich information regarding the FAFSA and the financial aid process. On YouTube, you can view videos offering helpful hints and advice, how to get the most financial aid, tutorials, step-by-step guides, and much more. Spend a little time here and you will have all your questions answered.
In addition to Podcasts and Videos, there are many other resources on the Internet that can help you complete your FAFSA with a minimum of headaches. Here are a few:
- Forms Needed – This list of required documents from the federal government will allow you to gather all your materials before starting the FAFSA so you can be finished sooner.
- FAFSA Facts – Important things to know about the FAFSA before you file. This list is a great resource, especially if you are a first-time filer.
- FAQs – Answers to the most common questions regarding the FAFSA and the filing process.
Filling out the FAFSA is an important step in getting funding to help pay for your college education. The important thing is to fill it out as quickly as possible and use accurate information. Since many programs are first come, first served, it is vital to submit your application as early as possible. If you have not yet filed income taxes, estimate amounts and then import your tax information after filing.